Renowned South Indian actor and influential political leader, Vijayakanth, known fondly as “Captain” among his followers, breathed his last on 28th December 2023 in Chennai. The 71-year-old icon succumbed to pneumonia after a battle with COVID-19, leaving behind a legacy that resonated in the worlds of cinema and politics. His life is full of ups and downs as he started career with poor conditions and died as a successful actor and politician. Covering his life in short, dive into this article to know more about him, his history, his death and his famous top movies. Vijayakanth’s journey till he died was a testament to his spectacular skills and influential acting.
Who is Vijayakanth?
Born Narayanan Vijayaraj Alagarswami on 25th August 1952, officially known as Vijayakanth had captivated audiences with his stellar performances in Tamil cinema. Before stepping into the political scenario, he left an impactful mark as a versatile actor, director, and producer. He etched his name in history as the founder and president of the Desiya Murpokku Dravida Kazhagam (DMDK) political party.
Actor-Politician Vijayakanth Dies At 71
He was a great and influential actor and the reason for his death is due to pneumonia along with covid. At the age of 71 he died in Chennai. He was a celebrated actor known for his versatile acting skills and influential dialogues.
Vijayakanth’s journey was marked by milestones, notably his tenure as the Leader of the Opposition in the Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly from 2011 to 2016. His commitment to public service earned him respect and admiration.
DMDK founder Vijayakanth Death
|Narayanan Vijayaraj Alagarswami (Vijayakanth)
|Date of Birth
|25 August 1952 (Madras)
|28 December 2023 (Chennai)
|Shanmuga Pandian and Vijay Prabhakar Alagarswami
|Actor and Politician
|Captain 154 Films
|DMDK (Desiya Murpokku Dravida Kazhagam)
|Cause of death
The news of his demise reverberated across the nation, stirring emotions among his admirers and followers. His mortal remains have been transported to his residence and will soon be taken to the DMDK office, paying tribute to the beloved figure.
Vijayakanth Best Movies Name
Remembered not just for his political prowess but also for his impactful performances, Vijayakanth graced the silver screen with several memorable movies. Some of his notable cinematic achievements include:
- Challakkulli (1992): An action-packed drama that resonated with social themes, showcasing Vijayakanth’s powerful portrayal and achieving significant box office success.
- Bharathi (1991): A romantic drama where Vijayakanth shone in a dual role, captivating audiences and earning critical acclaim, further cementing his stardom.
- Captain Prabhakaran (1999): This action thriller, blending patriotism and family drama, solidified Vijayakanth’s larger-than-life image, striking a chord with audiences.
- Ramana (2002): An action comedy infused with supernatural elements, this movie highlighted Vijayakanth’s versatility and impeccable comedic timing.
- Vettaikaran (2009): Marking his triumphant return after a hiatus, this action-packed revenge drama furthered his success and affirmed his standing as a beloved actor.
Vijayakanth’s demise leaves a void in the realms of Tamil cinema and politics. His contributions will forever be cherished, and his legacy will continue to inspire generations to come. Officially known as captain for all the fans of his, he would remain remembered the rest of his life due to his impactful mark he has given to cinema and politics.