The Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta (IIM Calcutta), one of India’s prestigious business management colleges, has announced the commencement of the application process for its PhD Programme in Management for the June 2024 session in various disciplines. This prestigious program offers aspiring scholars the opportunity to pursue advanced research in various fields.
IIM Calcutta PhD Application Details
Interested and eligible candidates are invited to submit their applications through the official website of IIM Calcutta, www.iimcal.ac.in The application window is now open and will remain so until the deadline on 30 January 2024.
Read Also :- JEE Mains Exam Date Extended To 4th December
Applicants falling under the SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PWD categories, who provide a copy of the relevant certificate, are required to pay an application fee of Rs 1,000. For all other applicants, the application fee is Rs 2,000
To be considered for admission to the PhD Programme at IIM Calcutta, candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria to fulfill the requirements:
- A first-class Master’s degree or a postgraduate diploma (minimum of 2 years) in any discipline, along with a three-year Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate.
- For Chartered Accountants (CA), a minimum of 50% marks is required, while Company Secretary (CS) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) candidates must have a minimum of 55% marks, along with a BCom degree.
- Candidates with a BTech or a 4-year degree with a CGPA of 6.5 or its equivalent are eligible.
- Non-engineering candidates with 10+2+5 years of education can also apply, as can CMA (USA) candidates.
- Applicants must attain a minimum of 50% marks in either the Secondary or Higher Secondary Examination of a recognized board or its equivalent.
- Final-year students who are yet to complete their bachelor’s or master’s degree can also apply. However, provisional admission will be granted, and all degree requirements must be fulfilled by June 30, 2024, with the submission of final year degree mark sheets required by December 31, 2024.
Applicants are allowed to apply for a maximum of two specializations within the program. They must have appeared for the Common Admission Test (CAT) in 2023 or an alternative test specified for their chosen specializations. It is essential that the test scores remain valid until January 30, 2024.
|Admission Open For
|Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program
|Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Calcutta
|Last Date to Apply
|January 30, 2024
|According to categories
Conditions for Ineligibility or Cancellation
Candidates should be aware of the conditions for ineligibility or cancellation of their application or admission offer. These include:
- Submitting more than one application form.
- Misrepresentation or suppression of information in the application form, including the use of unfair means or plagiarism.
- Submission of an incomplete application form.
- Engaging in informal recommendations or canvassing beyond the requirements specified in the application form.
- Failure to meet the admission requirements at any stage of the process.
- Previous expulsion or withdrawal from any IIM Calcutta program before submitting the current application.
The application fee can be paid using credit/debit cards and net banking (electronic fund transfer). Please note that a small processing fee, approximately Rs 30, may be charged by the bank or the debit/credit card company.
For those unable to make online payments, an alternative option is available. A Demand Draft payable at Kolkata in favor of the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta can be sent to the Doctoral Programme & Research Office at the address provided in the notice.
Also Read: JSSC JMSCCE Admit Card 2023 (Direct Link)
IIM Calcutta PhD Application Last Date 2023
The deadline for submitting applications for the PhD Programme in Management at IIM Calcutta is January 30, 2024. Candidates are encouraged to complete their applications well in advance to ensure a smooth submission process. Don’t miss this opportunity to embark on an academic journey at one of India’s leading business schools. Apply now and take the first step toward a rewarding research career in your higher degree.
Read Also :- Gandhar Oil Refinery IPO Share Allotment Finalized